Our coaching staff, players and ownership couldn’t be more excited about bringing box back to Long Island and the Tristate area! Season tickets, sponsorship, group tickets and box seating are all progressing but we need everyone’s help in spreading the word to your network of contacts. I would love to have the Coliseum packed and have that energy and passion in the arena! Please help us with some urgency to keep things rolling in a positive direction!
I just wanted to give everyone an update on your New York Riptide. It’s been a busy few weeks for our expansion team!
- We kicked things off with an open tryout on 10/26. Tryouts brought some of the best talent from all around which made for a super competitive camp. We were able to bring in our Entry Draft picks as well to battle that same day. Our draft picks showed some great potential. We ended up signing a handful of free agents from that weekend.
- The following weekend, 11/1-11/3, was our first official training camp. We had our Expansion Draft picks, Free Agents, and Entry Draft picks all there for the weekend, 40 players in total. The players and staff attended the Islanders game on Friday night and even received some camera time and a few shout outs. The energy in the Nassau Coliseum was electric! Saturday was a busy day as we had our first practice on our new turf. The players were pumped about the new turf and loved being in the historic Coliseum. The morning practice was followed by media day with the players and our marketing team. During the evening session we had an open house and the people who attended were treated to a very entertaining intrasquad scrimmage. After the scrimmage the fans had a meet and greet with the players and staff on the new turf. The fans got autographs and took a lot of pictures with players and the new turf! We capped off the weekend with a practice on Sunday morning. An awesome opening training camp for our new team!
- This past weekend we were in Buffalo, NY for training camp. Friday night we kicked things off with a team meeting at the hotel followed by a good night’s rest. Saturday we were at the KeyBank Center for an early morning practice followed by a scrimmage with a fellow expansion team, the Rochester Knighthawks, in the evening. We played with 20 players per half rotating a total of 27 players and 3 goalies throughout. The players battled hard and showed some great promise for the season leading most of the game before securing our first preseason win. Although just a scrimmage, the staff was excited to get our first test with another team!
- This coming weekend we head to Philly for a training weekend with the Philadelphia Wings and the New England Black Wolves. We will be able to get a few practices in and then scrimmage both teams. Our roster is down to 27 players battling for the final 25 roster spots (21 active and 4 practice players). This is our last weekend before final rosters are due to the league office on 11/25.
- Our final training camp will be the weekend of 11/29. We will have our roster finalized and this will be our team to start the season! We then open up at Halifax on 12/7 followed by a trip to Vancouver to play on 12/14. We continue the road trip to New England to play the Black Wolves on 12/27 before traveling back home to open up the following night, 12/28, versus the Saskatchewan Rush!
If I can help with anything please don’t hesitate to reach out to me by email or my cell 315-350-8329.