CALLING ALL DANCERS!
Be a part of New York’s newest sporting experience!
The New York Riptide is rolling into New York and is looking for talented, dedicated individuals to join its hot new dance team, the New York Riptide Dancers! Now’s your chance to #GetPulledIn for the inaugural season!
ABOUT THE NEW YORK RIPTIDE DANCERS
The Riptide Dance Team is looking for 12-14 women with a passion for dance and entertainment to enhance the game day experience at New York Riptide home games. They will perform several on-field routines of various dance styles and should therefore have some dance and/or gymnastics background. Dancers will also interact with fans at games and in the community, attend events and promotions, and be ambassadors for the New York Riptide, the dance team and the NLL.
New York Riptide Dancers will:
- Perform at all nine New York Riptide regular home games at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Long Island. Games run from December to April on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Potentially perform at play-off/championship games in May-June.
- Have weekly rehearsals on Tuesday evenings beginning November 19, 2019 and ending April 7, 2019. A detailed practice schedule will be provided upon making the team. (Additional practices may be added for play-off games.)
- Be brand representatives at community and promotional events throughout the season.
When: Sunday, November 17
12PM-4PM (Registration starts at 11:30AM)
Where: Pearl Studios- 500 8th Ave, New York, NY Room 1214
Registration Fee: $10
*Please bring a non-returnable photo of yourself and your completed registration form.
Come to auditions looking game day ready! Hair must be worn down and styled. Makeup should be fully done- dramatic and polished. Tans/spray tans are encouraged.
Dancers must wear a half top and shorts, exposing midriff and legs. Outift must be form fitting (nothing baggy).
Preferred footwear is non-marking sneakers or jazz shoes. Be sure you can turn and jump.
Audition will be composed of a warm-up, an across-the-floor segment, a one-minute choreographed routine (performed in groups) and a short interview.
- 18 years of age by December 28, 2019.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to attend weekly rehearsals (and have transportation to them and
- Enthusiasm and personability