Orlin & Cohen Post-Game Report: Riptide fall 16-10 to Buffalo - New York Riptide


Powered By
MGM Logo
Scores / Schedule
Game Recaps

Orlin & Cohen Post-Game Report: Riptide fall 16-10 to Buffalo

A 2-7 performance on the penalty kill and only 3 second half goals caused the New York Riptide to fall to 1-5 on the season on Saturday night, losing 16-10 to the Buffalo Bandits at Nassau Coliseum. Jeff Teat recorded 7 points, while Reilly O’Connor and Connor Kearnan had 5 each.

“Coming out of the half, we had to be sharp as a tack because we knew they were gonna come out hard because we saw them do it last night,” said coach Dan Ladouceur.

Brent Noseworthy opened the scoring for the Riptide just over 3 minutes into the game, beating Matt Vinc low on a transition shot for his first of the season, and then Larson Sundown and Dhane Smith traded power play goals before Teat got his first of the game, beating his defender and scoring one on one. Ian MacKay responded for Buffalo with a wraparound goal to close out the opening frame, with New York leading 3-2.

Tehoka Nanticoke opened the second quarter with a power play goal, and Nick Weiss gave the Bandits their first lead of the game just seconds later. Connor Kearnan tied the game at 4 with 10:29 remaining in the quarter, however MacKay responded for Buffalo just 30 seconds later, and then Dhane Smith added a breakaway goal. Reilly O’Connor got one back for the Riptide with his 100th career goal, and then Teat tied the game at 6 with a rocket of a shot to the top corner, though this would be short lived as Brandon Robinson would beat Orleman in close. Sundown tied the game once again, and the first half ended at 7-7.

Robinson got the first two goals of the third quarter before Tyler Digby got on the board to open the Riptide’s account for the half, however, Buffalo had the game’s first three goal lead not long after due to goals from MacKay and Matt Spanger. Teat completed his hat trick with 6:20 remaining in the third to make it an 11-9 game, but once again, Buffalo responded immediately through Smith. Digby got his second of the game from in close during a delayed penalty, however the Riptide weren’t able to build on that, as Nanticoke scored on the power play and Spanger got his second to close out the third quarter with Buffalo leading 14-10.

MacKay opened the fourth quarter with a power play goal, and the game then went over 7 minutes without a goal before Smith scored what would prove to be the game’s final goal.

When asked about how the room stays positive, Teat said “We never turn on each other. That’s one thing this team does really well is continue to support even through the tough times, you know you make a mistake, or one end’s not playing up to snuff, we’re always there for each other and continue to try to find the positives.

The Riptide next take the field on Saturday, February 4 at 7 PM when they travel to Hamilton to take on the Toronto Rock.

New York Riptide